A Complete Set of Online Learning Programs
On Cybersecurity for Government Contracting Professionals
All organizations strive to achieve a Culture of Cybersecurity – where all employees understand their significant roles and responsibilities in protecting and defending their organizations against the persistent and pervasive threats of cyber malefactors – and where an impenetrable shield protects all organization-related information and data.
Here is a fast-track pathway to develop your Culture of Cybersecurity through a series of cost-effective online audio programs with slide presentation visuals. In building-block modular one-hour listening lessons, you and all employees can:
Learn how to build a Culture of Cybersecurity through:
- Constant vigilance and awareness
- Proactive stewardship of information and data
Employees can listen and learn when it’s most convenient personally or in groups and/or team meetings. Employees can space and pace the learning over time and at their discretion.
- Decide to binge-listen to a number of modules and lessons in order of organizational preference.
- Learn how to apply practical and relevant information immediately on the job.
- Learn how to stay on top of changing requirements in the dynamic world of Cybersecurity.
- Learn how and why this information is important for CEOs; COOs; CIOs; CFOs; General Counsels; CCOs (Corporate Compliance Officers); IT Managers; Security Managers; QA and QC Managers; HR and Training Officers; R&D Managers; Logistics Managers; Marketing and Sales Managers; Program and Project Managers; Directors of Contracts; and all Acquisition Professionals.
Order one, several, or all of the Programs and Sessions described here to start building your organization’s curriculum today. Call 888.494.3696.
Program One: CyberContracting™ for Federal Government Agencies and Contractors
Instructor: David Z. Bodenheimer, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Session 1. The Statutory and Regulatory Framework of Cybersecurity Law and Contracting.
- Session 2. Cyber in the Public Sector.
- Session 3. Federal Privacy Laws and Cybersecurity.
- Session 4. Cloud Computing, Security and Acquisitions.
Program Two: New Developments in Government Contract Law and Cybersecurity
Lead Instructor: Alex Major, Sheppard Mullin LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Session 1. Cyber Incidents, Breaches, Cyber Crimes, and Threats.
- Session 2. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Session 3. Agency Contractual Efforts.
- Session 4. Cloud Contracting; Data Breach Liability; Prevention and Defense.
UPDATE: THE DOD/GSA FINAL REPORT
Program Three: The DoD/GSA Final Report on Improving Cybersecurity and Resilience through Acquisition. The NIST Framework and Implementation.
Lead Instructor: Robert Nichols, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Session 1. Overview, Cybersecurity Concerns in Contracting.
- Session 2. Cybersecurity Governance.
- Session 3. The President’s Executive Order; The Agencies and Contractors.
- Session 4. Federal Legal and Policy Framework Governing Contractors and Agencies.
Program Four: Information Security and Information Assurance for Contracting Professionals
Instructor: Charles Cayot, Principal, Applied Solutions Group, Canaan, New York
- Session 1: Basics and the Core NIST Documents.
- Session 2. Security Categorization of Information Systems and Networks.
- Session 3. Testing and Validation of Security Controls.
- Session 4. Risk Management Overview and Process.
Program Five: The Statutory and Regulatory Framework of Privacy Law and Practice for Contracting Professionals.
Lead Instructor: Mary Ellen Callahan, Partner, Jenner and Block LLP, Washington, D.C.
IT ACQUISITION BASICS
- Session 1. The Legal and Regulatory Framework.
- Session 2. International Privacy – An Analysis.
- Session 3. Preparing a Privacy Program for Your Organization.
- Session 4. Information Classification and Records Retention.
Program Six: The Basics of IT Acquisition and Contracting – Hardware, Software, and Continuous Monitoring Platforms
Lead Instructor: Fern Lavallee, Partner, Jones Day LLP, Washington, D.C.
GOVERNANCE, RISK, AND INSURANCE
- Session 1. Federal IT Acquisition and Cybersecurity.
- Session 2. IT International, Implications, New Developments, and Best Practices.
- Session 3. Information Security/Technical Requirements.
- Session 4. Compliance Programs and Best Practices – Summary.
Program Seven: Compliance, Acquisition Documentation, Risk Management, and Insurance
Lead Instructor: Eric S. Crusius, Counsel, Miles and Stockbridge P.C., Tysons Corner, VA
- Session 1. Cybersecurity and Government Contracting – Threats and Regulations – An Introduction and Overview.
- Session 2. Integrating Cybersecurity Into Federal Acquisition Documentation.
- Session 3. Cyber Compliance and Supply Chain Risk.
- Session 4. Mitigating Cybersecurity Risks.
Program Eight: Agency Enforcement, Initiatives, and Remedies in Cybersecurity
Lead Instructor: Jeffery M. Chiow, Shareholder, Rogers Joseph O’Donnell, PC, Washington, D.C. Office
- Session 1. Rules and Regulations – Review, Update, and Guidance on Cybersecurity and Enforcement.
- Session 2. International Enforcement and Initiatives.
- Session 3. Cybersecurity and the False Claims Act.
- Session 4. Inspector General Enforcement.
Program Nine: International Cybersecurity Initiatives and Developments in the EU, Asia, and the Middle East.
Lead Instructor: Bob Huffman, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Session 1. Cyber Policy in a World of Opportunities and Threats.
- Session 2. International Implications of the New DFARS Covered Defense Information Safeguarding and Reporting Rule.
- Session 3. Export Controls, Sanctions, and Cybersecurity Update.
- Session 4. Global Rules and Initiatives.