This webinar will address the following important aspects of Cost Estimating Systems
and the keys to compliance success:
- Differences in estimating system requirements between the DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) compared to the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation)
- Applicability of DFARS estimating system requirements
- Key estimating system criteria
- Significant estimating system deficiencies
- Disapproval of estimating system
- Withholding provisions for disapproved estimating system
- Keys to a successful estimating system compliance approach
- Internal Control Methodology for Compliance (COSO)
- Estimating system objectives and compliance risk analysis
- Documentation of estimating system processes and key controls
- Design gaps
- Operating effectiveness (testing)
- Remediation of deficiencies
- Training and monitoring requirements
This program is not available for CLE, CPE, CLP or other credits as a live program.
|John Van Meter
John Van Meter has over 30 years of experience in government contracting. John brings a unique perspective of industry and consulting experience to contract compliance, internal control and business process development engagements. John’s experience includes cost accounting, pricing, internal auditing and subcontract management. John also is an accomplished speaker and trainer within the government contracting industry. Personal Experience: John spent much of his career with KPMG, where he was responsible for managing the firm's Government Contractor Advisory Services practice delivering professional services to premier clients worldwide. He led advisory projects providing federal contract compliance, regulatory compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control assistance, business system implementation and internal audit outsource services. Before that, John had cost accounting, pricing, internal auditing and subcontract management positions with Northrop Aircraft and the
Garrett Engine Company.
John Dyer, Founder
Government Contracts Training Institute, Inc.
Mr. John Dyer is the Founder of Government Contracts Training Institute, Inc. Mr. Dyer's CPA firm's primary services were government contract accounting consulting and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 consulting. He has focused on government contract accounting auditing, consulting and training in his 25 year career. He has owned and operated a CPA firm focused on assisting clients in managing their government contracting regulatory compliance requirements. Prior to starting his CPA firm, he served as a Senior Manager with KPMG's Government Contractor Practice. While with KPMG, he managed significant Government Contract Compliance projects with large defense contractors. Mr. Dyer was also an instructor of Managerial Accounting at MiraCosta College and a Senior Auditor with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). Mr. Dyer is a CPA. He is a member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and National Contract Management Association (NCMA). He has a master's degree from San Diego State University and a bachelor's degree from Humboldt State University.